Monday, March 12, 2012

Jumping the gun

I posted the last post with the best of intentions to get back on the wagon.  I even had a studio visit with Kristen Dukat (read about it at her blog here) to keep my momentum going. 
Full Post coming soon

Then I don't even know what happened.  It's just been plain nutty around here.

The latest distraction is I was on spring break.  I was so full of hope that I would spend it painting.  Instead, in between a wacky work schedule, I was taking care of sick kids. I have basically been nursing others (and myself) for a week straight.  I'm very deserving and in need of a spa day if anyone would like to spring for one for me!

Here is the most recent drawing I completed.  Maybe I need to revisit my goals and expectations. A drawing/painting a week that is post worthy...we'll see.  I'd love to make it a daily routine, but I don't want to beat myself up for not being about to do it when I know a lot of the things that are keeping me from it are also for other artistic pursuits...and the rest are just my family and having 17 jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment