Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Cruella

I have always thought myself to be a real life version of Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way but, yet a bit cheeky here and there. No nonsense, but can be a lot of fun. Well, much to my surprise, at a friend's wedding this weekend my "high school" friends--the ones nearest and dearest who probably know me better than anyone--started this whole fictional comparison. We were discussing if we were a fictional character who would we be? We naturally started trying to think in groups...but found it hard to find a group to perfectly fit us. Or we just argued over who is Samantha, Carrie, Sandy, or Glenda the good witch! At one point we were discussing Disney characters and agreed, there probably weren't any Princesses among us, except for maybe the bride, who would be Cinderella. Well, my lovely, dear friends decided I was most like Cruella Deville--for my salt and pepper hair, wardrobe full of black and white (which I was wearing at the wedding as well) and dislike of dogs. And yes, from time to time, I can be made into a villain I suppose. They were 100% against the Mary Poppins likeness and insisted on Cruella. So here, dear friends-a self portrait with me as Cruella!





No comments:

Post a Comment