Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Painting vs. Drawing

It is funny how differently I approach drawing and painting and my hang ups with each. I find that I am WAY more critical of myself and my paintings than drawing. With drawing I allow myself to make mistakes and be experimental. It seems like with paintings the small town girl sitting in a studio with world class painters (yes, they were THAT good even then) comes out and I start to doubt my talent and think maybe the admissions people mistakenly said yes to me. Even after only 3 days of painting, I find certain expectations and limitations already placed upon myself.

Tonight I decided to draw and immerse myself in the relaxation that comes from methodically tracing the different variations in color.

Here is tonight's artwork:

No comments:

Post a Comment